Become an Expert in Growing Tropical Fruits in warm climates or in protected places such as a greenhouse.
- Learn to establish & manage commercial fruit production for warm climates.
- Discover the huge variety of fruits that are grown in warm climates (hundreds)
- Explore how many can be adapted to cooler climates -if nothing else, as container or greenhouse plants
- As an amateur, follow a passion
- As a professional -extend your plant skills
This is a course for the hobby farmer or home owner striving for self sufficiency, through to the commercial fruit farmer or their staff.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Introduction To Warm Climate Fruit Growing
- Deciding what to grow
- Where to get helpful informationm and start networking
- Scope of Warm Fruit Growing -Review of main groups: Citrus, Berries, Nuts, Vines, Other fruits.
- Understanding plant naming
- Review of tropical fruit families:Anacardiaceae, Annonaceae, Apocynaceae, Bombaceae, Bursaraceae, Ebenaceae, Euphorbiaceae, Fabaceae, Flacourtiaceae, Guttiferae, Lauraceae, Lecythidaceae, Malpighiaceae, Meliaceae, Moraceae, Musaceae, Myrtaceae, Oxalidaceae, Palmae, Pasifloraceae, Proteaceae, Rhamnaceae,Rubiaceae,Rutaceae, Sapindaceae.
- The botany of a fruit
- Types of Fruits
- Establishing An Orchard
- Develop a plan for the establishment of an orchard
- Site considerations -choosing a site
- Understanding Soils and Nutrition
- Soil Testing
- Several warm climate fruits are then reviewed including: Avocado Banana, Citrus, Cocao, Coffee, Macadamia and Paw Paw
- General Cultural Practices
- Fertilsers and Nutrition
- Pest and Disease -determining and managing problems
- What problems occur on what fruit plants
- Weed control
- Frost and sun protection
- Tree Fruits
- Star Fruit (Carambola)
- Custard Apple
- White Sapote
- Paw Paw
- Nuts, Vines and Berries
- Lilly Pilly
- Brazil Nut
- Citrus and other Fruits
- Suitability to different climates.
- Sweet Orange
- Meyer Lemon and other Lemons
- Pomegranate, Persimmon, Quandong etc
- Cultural Management Of A Fruit Plantation or Orchard
- Marketing Your Produce
- Considering marketing options
- Market Research
- Maintaining marketing standards and selling
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Identify different types of fruit crops, which can be successfully grown in a specific region.
- Explain the nature of the fruit industry in a specific region.
- Determine the cultural requirements for different fruit crops.
- Develop a plan for the establishment of an orchard.
- Formulate appropriate methods for marketing specific fruit crops grown in your locality.
- Develop a calendar for cultural management of a fruit plantation, or orchard.
Request your free info pack today!
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0800 000 361 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.