Digital Photography allows you to use image editing software to apply special effects, and gain quality control over your pictures.
- Find out the equipment you need to move to digital photography.
- Understand computer specifications and factors affecting computer performance for digital imaging.
- Learn to transfer an image from a digital camera onto your computer.
- Be able to process digital pictures and output them.
- Understand scanners and image editing software.
- Be able to utilise your camera to take great digital photographs.
- Learn the basic principles of photographic composition.
- Find out about image formats and types of files.
There are 11 lessons in this course:
- Introduction To Digital Technology
- How images are captured and stored
- categories of equipment & software
- scope of applications
- Getting started; deciding what you need
- Image Sizes
- Raster Images
- Video Cards
- Colour depth
- Computer terminology etc.
- Digital Technology
- sensors (how technology enables digital images to be captured).
- Digital Cameras
- Image formation
- camera stability
- one shot cameras
- Three shot cameras
- terminology (eg.DPI, DVD, Bit, EDO RAM, Plug In etc)
- Taking Photographs
- Principles of Photo Composition
- Creating effects
- Default Setting
- Compression of Data
- Halftones etc
- Techniques which can be used for digitally capturing images from film photographs
- or graphics
- Uploading Images
- How digital images can be transferred effectively from a camera (or scanner) onto another device (eg. a computer, video monitor, television set, etc).
- The Digital Darkroom
- Techniques that can be used to process digital photographs within a computer to achieve improved or changed images
- Compositing & Imaging
- Production & manipulation of images
- How digital photos can be manipulated and changed to produce altered images
- Special Effects
- Scope and nature of special effects that can be created with digital photographs
- Outputs & Applications
- The Internet
- How and where digital photography can effectively be used.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Describe the scope and nature of digital photography
- Select appropriate equipment for use in digital photography
- Explain how technology enables digital images to be captured.
- Compare different digital cameras and select an appropriate camera for a particular application.
- Control the effects created in a digital photograph which you take.
- Describe techniques which can be used for digitally capturing images from film photographs, or graphics.
- Explain how digital images can be transferred effectively from a camera (or scanner) onto another device (eg. a computer, video monitor, television set, etc).
- Describe techniques that can be used to process digital photographs within a computer to achieve improved or changed images.
- Explain how digital photos can be manipulated and changed to produce altered images.
- Discuss the scope and nature of special effects that can be created with digital photographs.
- Identify how and where digital photography can effectively be used.
Request your free info pack today!
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0800 000 361 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.