Certificate in Psychology
Certificate in Psychology VPS002
Most of us know something about psychology whether we have studied it or not. At least we think we do. You'll often hear people commenting to a psychological finding "Well that's pretty obvious". However, it's not until you study psychology that you really begin to understand the workings of the mind and why we behave in particular ways. This exciting course can:
- Help in so many areas of your life - work, home and sports
- Lay a foundation for any career where you deal with people on a daily basis
- Provide training for counsellors, teachers, managers and those working in the fields of health and community services.
Why do people study this certificate:
- A foundation for working in counselling, management, welfare, education etc.
- To improve skills and prospects for advancement in an existing job
- To supplement existing qualifications (degree, diploma or certificate) by broadening their scope of expertise and general people skills
Core Modules: These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Certificate In Psychology.
- Introduction To Psychology BPS101
- Psychology & Counselling BPS102
Elective Modules: In addition to the core modules, students study any 4 of the following 14 modules.
- Biopsychology I BPS108
- Counselling Skills I BPS109
- Educational Psychology BPS105
- Industrial Psychology BPS103
- Marketing Psychology BPS107
- Sports Psychology BPS106
- Conflict Management BPS201
- Counselling Techniques BPS206
- Family Counselling BPS213
- Professional Practice in Counselling BPS207
- Relationships & Communication Counselling BPS208
- Criminal Psychology BPS309
- Psychological Assessment BPS308
- Psychopharmacology (Drugs & Psychology) BPS302
Note that each module in the Certificate In Psychology is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
For more information on this course, please request your free course information pack.