Study Research with a Home Learning Course
- Learn to plan and conduct research for any industry or discipline
- Discover ways that research skills can improve performance and sustainability of any business
- 100 hour self paced course, expert tutors
There are 7 lessons in this course:
- Determining Research Needs
- Identifying research needs
- The research goal
- The research question
- Other questions to clarify the research goal
- Sources of information
- What information is required
- Depth and bredth of data
- Constraining factors: time, resources
- Searching For Information
- Kind of exploratory research
- Primary data research
- Literary reviews
- Research objectives
- Research Methods
- Research terminology
- A controlled environment
- Other field trial considerations
- Steps in collection and analysis of data
- Setting up a comparison trial
- Running the trial
- Evaluating the trial
- Interviewing skills
- Asking questions
- Types of questions
- Ways of handling difficult questions
- Using Statistics
- Official statistics
- Reasons for using statistics
- Disadvantages of statistics
- Issues to consider
- Descriptive statistics
- Observed and expected rates
- Confidence intervals
- Conducting Statistical Research
- Reliability of statistics
- Presenting statistics: pie charts, bar charts, histograms
- Descriptive statistics: mean, median, mode, variation, standard deviation, etc
- Correlation, Probability
- Research Reports
- Collecting quantitative data
- Conducting a survey
- Procedure for designing a survey
- Forms of data
- Planning a formal survey
- Designing a questionnaire
- Common problems
- Research Reporting
- Report writing tips
- Structure of a report
- The report outline
- Research papers
- Reporting On A Research Project
- A practical project involving construction of a proper research report
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Develop your ability to collect, collate and interpret data and prepare reports in ways relevant to the work environment;
- Monitor and evaluate your own work in order to develop a responsible attitude to workplace performance and quality assurance;
- Determine areas where there is a valid need for research which are relevant to area of study;
- Explain research methods, including experimental techniques, commonly used in your discipline.
- Understand of the basic statistical methods used for research;
- Locate, collect and evaluate information for a specific research purpose;
- Prepare a research report in a format which conforms to normal industry procedures.
For more information on this course, please request your free course information pack.
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0800 000 361 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.