Advanced Certificate in Applied Animal Science
Study animal science at home - Online distance learning certicicate in Animal Sciences
Pet owners can spend tens of thousands of dollars across the life of a pet. Farmers invest huge amounts of money in buying, breeding and caring for their animals. Wildlife management is another big industry. This course opens up or expands opportunities in any or all of these.
- Learn the science that underpins managing animals as pets, farm animals or wildlife
- Study different types of animals
- Specialise in the application of animal science to areas that most interest you
Study eight modules and a Research Project or 100 hour Industry meeting
Covering Animal Anatomy and Physiology, Taxonomy (Classification), Behaviour etc. It also incorporates optional study in Environmental Assessment, a marketable skill for people who graduate with a good understanding of animals.
Core Modules: These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Advanced Certificate In Applied Animal Science.
- Animal Anatomy And Physiology (Animal Husbandry I ) BAG101
- Biochemistry I (Animal and Human) BSC103
- Marine Studies I BEN103
- Ornithology BEN102
- Vertebrate Zoology BEN104
- Animal Behaviour BAG203
- Biochemistry II (Plant & Animal) BSC203
Stream Modules: Studied after the core modules, stream modules cover more specific or niche subjects.
- Research Project I BGN102
Elective Modules: In addition to the core modules, students study any 1 of the following 7 modules.
- Cell Biology BSC110
- Animal Diseases BAG219
- Wildlife Conservation BEN206
- Wildlife Management BEN205
- Biochemistry III (Animal Processes) BSC303
- Environmental Assessment BEN301
- Professional Practice For Consultants BBS301
Note that each module in the Advanced Certificate In Applied Animal Science is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Request your free info pack today!