Proficiency Award 2 in Event Management
Proficiency Award 2 In Event Management
Make a career out of what comes to you naturally!
If you love organizing events and creating fun for people, this is the career for you!
What do Graduates of Event Management do?
- Sub contract services to organisers of shows, conferences, concerts etc, on an event by event basis
- Start their own business (Wedding planner, Party planner, Exhibition company, Conference organiser, etc)
- Work in a larger established exhibition company
- Work for hotels, reception centres, exhibition and conference venues, sporting venues or other enterprises involved with provision of events
- Work for public or non profit bodies involved with running events such as festivals, celebrations, receptions, etc.
These modules provide foundation knowledge for the Proficiency Award 2 In Event Management.
- Industry Project BIP000
- Business Studies BBS101
- Food & Beverage Management BTR102
- Marketing Foundations VBS109
- Research Project I BGN102
- Workplace Health & Safety VBS103
- Event Management BRE209
- Leisure Facility Management I BRE205
- Project Management BBS201
Elective Modules :
In addition to the core modules, students study any 6 of the following 14 modules.
- Financial (Money) Management BBS104
- Industrial Psychology BPS103
- Leadership BBS110
- Motivation VBS111
- Personnel Management VBS107
- Sales Management BBS102
- Tourism 1 BTR103
- Wedding Planning BTR104
- Advertising and Promotions BBS202
- Bar Service VTR204
- Entrepreneurship BBS204
- Adventure Tourism BTR302
- Business Planning BBS302
- Leisure Facility Management II BRE306
Note that each module in the Proficiency Award 2 In Event Management is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
To obtain this Proficiency Award 2 you must complete all assignments and pass an exam in fourteen modules, and provide written proof of having attended industry meetings (eg. Trade shows, seminars, committee meetings or work experience) relevant to event management, for a period of 100 hours.
Your choice of elective modules from those listed should be determined, taking into account both your needs and any past studies or experience. Your choice of electives can (and should) be made after completing the compulsory modules.
Please request your free course information pack today.