Learn the signs, symptoms and treatments for developmental disorders in children, including pervasive developmental disorders, behavioural disorders, and learning disorders.
The implications of a developmental disorder can be very significant in later life; if undetected and not responded to.
Often though; what might be potentially a major problem in later life, can be avoided through the simple act of becoming aware and responding early in life.
There are 9 lessons in this course:
- Nature and Scope of Developmental Disorders - Mental Retardation/learning disability
- Classification of Childhood Disorders
- Causes of Developmental Disorders- Genetic Factors, Physical Factors, Environmental Factors
- A General Overview of the Diagnosis of Developmental Disorders
- The Prevalence of Developmental Disorders in the General Population
- The Impact on the Families and Children and Adolescents with Developmental Disorders
- Mental Retardation (Learning Disability)
- Co-morbid Disorders
- Autism - Autistic Disorder signs, symptoms, treatment and support
- Causes of Autism
- Definition of Autism
- The Signs and Symptoms of Autism
- Impaired Social Development & Interactions
- Abnormal Communication
- Repetitive Behaviour
- Other Problems
- The Other Side of the Coin
- Causes of Autism
- History of the Perception of Autism
- Prevalence & Course of Autism in the General Population
- The Autism Spectrum
- Issues Facing Children and Adolescents with Autism
- The Impact of Autism on the Family
- Treatments for Children and Adolescents with Autism
- How Parents/Carers and Practitioners can Support Children with Autism
- Supportive Services for Children and Adolescents with Autism
- Asperger's Disorder - signs, symptoms, treatment and support
- Definition of Asperger’s Disorder
- The Signs and Symptoms of Asperger’s Disorder
- 1) Impaired Social Interactions
- 2) Repetitive Behaviour
- Causes of Asperger’s Disorder
- The History of Asperger’s Disorder
- The Prevalence & Course of Asperger’s Disorder in the General Population
- Asperger’s Disorder and Autism – The Autism Spectrum
- The Impact of Asperger’s Disorder on the Child or Adolescent
- The Impact of Asperger’s Disorder on the Family
- Treatments Available for Children and Adolescents with Asperger’s Disorder
- How Parents/Carers and Practitioners can Support Children with Asperger’s Disorder
- Supportive Services Available for Children with Asperger’s Disorder and Their Family
- Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders (Rett's Disorder, Childhood Disintegrative Disorder, Developmental Disorders NOS) signs, symptoms, treatment and support
- Definition of Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Rett’s Disorder
- Childhood Disintegrative Disorder
- Developmental Disorders Not Otherwise Specified
- Causes of Developmental Disorders
- A General View on How Developmental Disorders are Diagnosed
- The Impact of Developmental Disorders on the Child or Adolescent
- The Impact on the Family of the Child or Adolescent with Developmental Disorders
- Attention-Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorders - ADHD & variants, signs, symptoms, treatment and support
- Signs & Symptoms of ADHD
- 1) Features of Inattention
- 2) Features of Hyperactivity-Impulsivity
- 3) Settings
- Causes of ADHD
- Historical Background of ADHD
- Prevalence & Course of ADHD
- Treatment of ADHD
- Support Available
- Factors that can Aggravate ADD or ADHD Symptoms
- The Impact of ADD and ADHD on the Child or Adolescent
- The Impact on the Family of a Child with ADD or ADHD
- Conduct Disorders (Include oppositional defiant disorder) signs, symptoms, treatment and support
- Definition of Conduct Disorder
- Signs and Symptoms of Conduct Disorders
- Causes of Conduct Disorders
- Prevalence & Course of Conduct Disorders in the General Population
- Definition of Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Signs and Symptoms of Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Causes of Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Prevalence & Course of Oppositional Defiant Disorder in the General Population
- Anti-Social Personality Disorder (APD)
- Treatments Available for Conduct Disorders
- Support for Families and Children with Conduct Disorders
- The Impact of Conduct Disorders on Children
- The Impact on the Family of Having a Child with a Conduct Disorder
- How Parents/Carers and Practitioners can Support Children with Conduct Disorders
- Learning Disorders - focus on academia (Mathematics, Reading Disorder - Dyslexia, etc.) signs, symptoms, treatment and support
- Specific Developmental Disorders
- Definition of Learning Disorders
- Reading Disorder (Developmental Dyslexia)
- Disorder of Written Expression (Specific Spelling Disorder)
- Mathematics (Arithmetic) Disorder
- Communications Disorders & Motor Skills Disorder - focus on speech and language signs, symptoms, treatment and support
- Definition of Communication Disorders
- Causes of Communication Disorders
- Phonological Disorder
- Expressive Language Disorder
- Mixed Receptive-Expressive Language Disorder
- Motor Skills Disorder
- Impact on the Child and Family of Communication Disorders
- Special Project (choose something of interest to the student) signs, symptoms, treatment and support
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
Request your free info pack today!
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0800 000 361 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.