Create inspirational Images of the Landscape
- Explore and develop your creativity -capture the essence of landscape in your images.
- Work in Photography, start a business or seek a job; or just follow a passion
- Start anytime, self paced, 100 hours of study
- Be guided by highly qualified and experienced professional photographers
- Get a start by publishing your photos in our online student magazine
This Applies to all types of Landscapes
- capture history, sunsets, water, land, sky, cities and country, beach and forest
- learn specialised techniques
- photographic terms
- learn how to achieve sharpness
- get feedback on your work from highly qualified and experienced photographers.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Different Approaches (realistic, impressionistic, abstract)
- Understanding the landscape (components, change)
- Lighting (Shooting into the sun, time of day, weather)
- Using Filters (Polarising, ultra violet, red, orange, yellow)
- Camera settings (Shutter speed, aperture,)
- Introducing Digital Technology
- The Main Principles
- Open view scenes
- Closed view scenes
- Rule of thirds
- Other compositional components
- Camera Techniques
- Depth of field
- Framing the landscape
- Creating Different Effects
- Landscape effects
- Sunrise and Sunset
- Weather effects
- Rain and Rainbows
- Exposures for landscapes
- Creating intense colour
- Creating different effects
- Scenic Photography
- Digital filter effects (Coloured pencil, fresco, sponge, blur, etc)
- Digital toning
- Photographing Natural Areas
- Locations (Arid desert, Arctic ice flows, volcanic peaks, tropical rainforests, etc)
- Rural areas
- Tropical Rainforest
- Snow photography
- Coastal plotography
- Photographing plants
- Compositional elements
- Shooting in bad weather
- Extreme temperature
- Extreme Cold
- Extreme heat and humidity
- Photographing Streetscapes
- Modern buildings
- Historic buildings
- Viewpoints and perspective
- Photographing architecture at night
- Mirrors and reflections
- Exposure readings
- Converging lines
- Tips for architectural photos
- Tips for street photography
- Photographing Water
- Water characteristics
- Creating effects with water
- Water in motion
- Freezing movement
- Achieving a soft artistic effect
- Using filters with water
- No tripod
- Underwater photography
- Developing Your Photographic Style
- Styles & work of famous photographers (Ansel Adams, Paul Caponigro, Thomas Joshua Cooper, John Davies , David Doubilet, Carleton E Watkins, etc)
- Developing a photo style
- Hints on style
- Photographing detail
- Trip or Photographer Themes
- Know your equipment
- Computer Techniques (Levels, Channel extraction, Channel mixer, Duotones, Hand tinting, Panoramas)
- Major Project
- Uses for Photography
- Using your work to get a job
- Form of photo
- Creating a website
- Creating works of art
- Creating a Folio
- (In this lesson, you create either a photo essay or a folio as a major project)
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- Identify and explain the equipment and materials used for landscape photography.
- Create different effects photographing the same landscape.
- Compose a well-balanced photo.
- Utilise form to create a three dimensional effect.
- Develop your own photographic style.
Request your free info pack today!
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0800 000 361 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.