Gain IT and Management skills in one course.
Develops a balance of skills in both Information Technology and management to produce a graduate with the foundation training to manage an IT business or department. This course does not require any previous IT experience though experience in using a personal computer will be useful.
- This course combines an education in broad I.T. skills, with business and management
- Self paced, 1500 hour professional training, supported by a team of tutors from around the world
- A very practical course, where every student is treated as an individual; and helped to develop skills that will set them apart and improve their employ-ability anywhere in the world.
Accreditation: This course is internationally accredited through I.A.R.C
Writing a Web Site (HTML)
- Introduction to the Internet and HTML
- The most important HTML Tags
- Simplification through HTML Construction Software
- Creating Links
- Loading a Site onto the Internet
- Adding Graphics
- Designing a Web Site that Works
- Advanced Features
Visual Basic .Net Programming
- Introduction To Visual Basic
- Code Theory (Part 1)
- Code Theory (Part 2)
- Objects (Part 1)
- Objects (Part 2)
- Application Design
- VB.NET Essentials
- Web Forms
- Web Server Controls
- Form Validation
- Classes and Namespaces
- ASP.NET Applications
- Interacting with Databases
- Error Handling
- Email from Your Applications
- Project: Creating an Online Store
- Introduction – what is e-commerce (more than the internet)
- Success and failure – what makes the difference
- Promotional strategies – are different on the internet
- Optimizing web site potential
- Increasing web site exposure
- Automating supply of goods, services and cash flow
- Managing constant change
- Dealing with e-commerce problems
- Introduction to Databases
- Fundamentals of SQL
- Building a database with SQL
- Storing & Retrieving Data
- Advanced SQL database access methods
- Database Security
- Using SQL in applications
- Stored procedures
- Error Handling
- Dynamic SQL
- Advice & Tips
- Events and Event handling
- Dynamic HTML
- Writing Simple Web Applications
- Pop Ups and Navigation Menus.
- Learning the menus
- Working with digital image files
- Understanding the Tool Palette
- Using Layers, Actions and History
- Digital painting, shapes and colours
- Selecting, Resizing, Transforming and Masking
- Adjustments and modifications
- Adding Filters and Styles
- Preparing files for print and web
- Nature and Scope of the Publishing world
- Desktop Publishing A
- Desktop Publishing B
- Illustration: Graphics
- Illustration: Photography
- Research Skills : Market Research, researching an article, etc
- Marketing of Publications
- Ethics & the law in publishing
- Developing a publishing project
Computer Servicing I
- The Computer Workshop.
- Computer and Workshop safety.
- Hardware Components.
- Different Systems & Basic Disassembly.
- System Assembly.
- Installation of software.
- Computer Maintenance.
Computer Servicing II
- Introduction to hardware components
- Basic Diagnostic Equipment
- Electric Circuits and Components
- Problem Solving and Fault Analysis
- Diagnostic Testing [A] (Self Tests and Diagnostic Cards)
- Diagnostic Testing [B] (System Board and Memory Tests)
- Software maintenance and troubleshooting
- Disk drives and CD-ROM
- Video and Audio Systems
- Developing a Maintenance Program
- Procedures for establishing a business
- Management procedures, including Quality Assurance
- Communication with suppliers and customers
- Problem solving techniques
- Staff management
- Financial management
- Developing production strategies
- Evaluating marketing performance
- Introduction to business plans
- Focus and Direction – Developing a clear direction and developing mission and vision statements
- Developing strategies and objectives
- Planning for growth
- Risk management and contingencies
- Systems – quality management, innovation management, information technology and control processes.
- Marketing plans
- Operations plans
- Human resources plans
- Financial plans
- Introduction to Project Management
- Project Identification
- Project Planning
- Project Implementation
- Project Completion & Evaluation
- Improving Key Technical Skills
- Improving Key Leadership Skills
- Improving Key Interpersonal Skills
- Networking Terms, Concepts and Standards
- Network Topology, Architecture and Transmission Media
- Network Components and Hardware
- Network Design and Planning
- Network Upgrading and Project Management
- Network Protection and Maintenance
- Understanding Network Connecting Options
- Installation and Configuration of Network
- Basic TCP/IP Services and Applications
- Troubleshooting Tools for TCP/IP Networks
- Marketing and the Business
- Scope of Marketing
- Target Marketing
- The Marketing Mix and Managing the Marketing Effort
- Product Presentation and Packaging
- Product Pricing and Distribution
- Customer Service
- Market Research
- Organisations - Structures and Roles
Research Project I
The Research Project involves some theoretical studies followed by designing, conducting and writing up research on a relevant topic. Selection of the topic, and progress in this project is monitored and guided by a tutor.
Industry Meetings (100 hours)
Industry Meetings involves attendance at committee meetings, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, trade shows, or any other events that are relevant. The student needs to submit documentary proof of attendance (eg. references, testimonials, receipts etc)
Please request your free course information pack today.
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial
expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations.
Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way.
With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people.
Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it
has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of
non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are
designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s
ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Careers Counselling Service
- General Counselling Service
- Disability Liaison Service
- Retention & Engagement Service
- Student Activities
- E Counselling
- Parent support
- Reasonable Adjustment Plan (RAP)
Call our student support today on 0800 000 361 or Email Faculty
Get more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry
form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand
and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills.
Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks
and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those
with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional
benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for
greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the
education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data
biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a
qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s,
education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders
taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do.
While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades,
those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in
the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?
- Studying online or distance means you can study where you want
and at your own pace.
- Receive career-focused training with practical, hands-on learning.
- All course materials are provided and all digital platforms are
interactive, work on any device and designed to be fun.
- Recognition of Prior Learning or Skills Recognition may be available
for previous work experience, formal training or qualifications in this field.