Learn to prepare Environmental Assessments of all kinds. Work in this area has expanded greatly in recent decades, and when combined with a knowledge of plant or animal identification and ecology
The most important knowledge for a career in environmental consultancy or as an environmental officer is the assessment of the environment and its resilience to changes. Work in this area has expanded greatly in recent decades, and when combined with a knowledge of plant or animal identification and ecology, this course develops an extremely valuable skill.
In this course you will learn to prepare Environmental Assessments of all kinds, to comply with national and international regulations.
for anyone with expertise who doesn't know how to "sell" that expertise.
There are 8 lessons in this course:
- Introduction to Environmental Assessment
- Types of Employment for Environmental Scientists, Pre Purchase Inspections, Background Data, Flora and Fauna Surveys, Open Space Management Plans, Detection of Pollutants, Use of Plants, Remediation of Polluted Sites, Employment in a Multi-Disciplinary Team.
- Overview of Environmental Assessment
- What is Environmental Assessment? Definitions of Environmental Assessment, Overview of the Environmental Assessment Process.
- International Environmental Law
- Foundations of Environmental Law, Making International Laws (Treaties and Customary Law), Milestones in International Environmental Law, Principles of International Environmental Law, Institutions that influence Environmental Law, Environmental Impact Assessment and Environmental Law.
- Domestic Environmental Law
- Evolving Domestic Environmental Law, Strategies for Domestic Environmental Policy, Establishment of Environmental Standards, Liability, Environmental Impact Assessment, Prior Authorisation and Enforcement.
- Types of Environmental Assessments
- Environmental Impact Assessment, Environmental Impact Statement, Environmental Risk Assessment, Ecological Risk Assessment, Strategic Environment Assessment, Environmental Audit, Regional Risk Screening, Ecological Impact Assessment, Social Impact Assessments and Statements, Economic and Fiscal Impact Assessment, Health Impact Assessment.
- The Design and Process of Environmental Assessment
- Steps in the Environmental Assessment Process (Screening, Scoping, Collection and Analysis of Information, Public Consultation and Participation, Reporting the Findings of the Study, Post Project Analysis) Impact Prediction and Evaluation including Impact Identification Methods and Impact Assessment Techniques, Data Collection, Statistical Analysis of Data and Statistical Tests.
- Writing Environmental Reports
- Environmental Statements, Report Structure, Suggested Layouts for Environmental Statements, Report Presentation, Examples of Environmental Impact Statements.
- Research Project
- The research project is the student’s opportunity to test out their skills as an environmental consultant. In this project, the student will go through the steps involved in carrying out an environmental assessment and write it up as a professional report.
Each lesson culminates in an assignment which is submitted to the school, marked by the school's tutors and returned to you with any relevant suggestions, comments, and if necessary, extra reading.
- To appreciate the range of employment available to scientists skilled in environmental assessment.
- Develop an understanding of the basics of environmental study design, analysis and reporting within a legal framework.
- Be aware of the international legislation relevant to environmental assessment.
- Research the legislation which dictates the environmental assessment requirements in the student’s home country.
- Appreciate the range of environmental assessment techniques that have been developed to assess a range of situations around the globe.
- Understand the environmental assessment process in enough depth to manage a small environmental assessment.
- Write a professional environmental report.
- Prepare an environmental impact assessment including carrying out all research and writing up the actual report.
Request your free info pack today!