|Qualification||Statement of Attainment|
|Payment Options||Upfront & Payment Plans|
Learn the fundamentals of laser tattoo removal and skin lesion awareness.
Completion of this educational programme is essential for anyone using technologies on the skin, or conducting skin assessments. Learn about the medical terminology used for skin lesions and skin cancers and discover just how scary melanoma is and that is not just a mole or an older persons disease.
This program covers all the essential base knowledge required to conduct laser tattoo removal treatments as well as melanomas, skin cancers and other skin lesions.
Ensure your business is a success – this is ideal for advanced beauty therapists,
medical practitioners, cosmetic tattooists, IPL & Laser Technicians and beauticians.
• Able to understand what it takes to work to industry standards
• Understand NZ and AU regulations in place
• Able to understand and apply different Laser wavelengths and the characteristic traits of light / modes of action to tattoo removal practice
• Aware of what can go wrong in tattoo removal process
• Learn how to set up a laser business (from laser safety point of view)
• Understand risks that operator pose to clients (e.g.: accidental removal of skin cancers, scars, burns, pigmentation changes, no result)
• Understand the skin for the purposes of conducting laser tattoo removal, and how to assess a tattoo
• Gain medical grade education about melanoma and common skin lesions
• Gain skills ready to learn laser tattoo removal practical
Laser Tattoo Removal Theory
Part One – Overview & Introduction
• Expectations of laser tattoo removal operator under NZ health laws
• Types of tattoos and the cultural significance
• Ink matters you’ll need to know
• Basic laser tattoo removal physiology
• How to run a successful and safe laser tattoo removal practice under health and consumer laws in New Zealand
Part Two – Laser Safety
• Key requirements when looking to buy, or operate a quality laser tattoo removal platform, including features, safety controls, legal obligations, and best practice that make a laser safe and
• Unwanted side effects most likely to occur based on clients skin type and laser chosen, and apply skills to avoid these
• Advantages and disadvantages for candidate selection, how to assess, treat and manage clients with medical conditions
• PPE selection for both operator and client
• Unwanted side effects caused by poorly trained laser tattoo removalists and identify the reason for the adverse outcome
• Hazards in the laser workplace
• Australian and New Zealand laser safety standards for setting up a practice, working in, or delivering laser tattoo removal
• The difference between hazards and risks relating to working with lasers
• Types of training required for each example situation in a laser tattoo removal practice
• Examples of poor practice and why laser safety failure occurred
• Understand laser classification and identify what controls need to be in place when working with high powered lasers according to the AS/NZS safety standards
• Learn about servicing, maintenance, and quality assurance marks on lasers, relate laser used to ink colour
• Learn about the role of the laser safety officer as defined in the AS/NZS safety standards
• Understand laser, and light tissue interactions to their relevance with laser tattoo removal, ocular hazards
Part Three – Regulations & Best Practice
• Legislation and regulations
• Consumer law in regard to lasers
• Cope of practice, record keeping, insurance requirements
• Protocols for age of consent and treatment of young persons
Part Four – Client Care & Skin Anatomy
• Duty of care, Pain management, Eye protection
• Positioning of clients, Complaint management, Consultations
• Assessing clients’ skin
• Implications of undiagnosed malignancies
• Normal and unwanted side effects
• Wound healing stages, warning signs of infection
• First aid knowledge
• Interpret skin histopathology to identify cells
• Darker skin types
• Body systems responsible for elimination of treated ink
• Explaining treatments and processes to clients
• Post care steps
Part Five – Treatment Protocols & Applications
• The difference between policies, protocols and procedures
• Skin prep prior to tattoo removal
• How to read and use manufacturers settings
• How and why on test patching
• Create a treatment plan for laser tattoo removal
• Best practice techniques and doing them safely
• Treatment methods for various client scenarios
Part Six – Laser Science for Tattoo Removal
• The electromagnetic spectrum
• Learn laser science and laser characteristics of light properties
• Types of lasers and hand pieces used in laser tattoo removal
• Treatment parameters used in laser tattoo removal
Part Seven – Hygienic Practices
• Risks to you as the operator and working to best practice
• Principles of disinfection and common cleaning agents
Skin Lesion, Skin Cancers and Melanoma Awareness
1. Introduction to lesions terminology & melanoma info. Darker skin types risk of melanoma.
2. Skin anatomy & physiology, cancer resources, how regulations apply to skin therapists, what really causes sunburn
3. Diagnostic methods and information on dermoscopy
4. Types of lesions and melanoma staging
5. Skin cancers
6. Melanoma awareness, stats and examples
7. Skin lesion glossary
8. Commonly seen pigmented skin conditions
9. Treatment options, IPL & Laser info relating to risk of treatment of lesions
10. Best practice guidelines
11. Final assessment and workbook to be handed in for marking
Get your free information pack today!
We live in a society where the pressures of daily living are high with financial expenses, personal and work commitments, and mortgage and rental obligations. Then there are the unexpected life challenges that also get thrown our way. With this in mind the thought of taking on study can be daunting for most people. Here at Learning Cloud we understand that life doesn’t run in a straight line it has many ups and downs.
As an enrolled student at Learning Cloud, you are entitled to access a variety of non-academic support services from the Student Services Unit. These supports are designed to walk beside you throughout your studies they will assist you in life’s ups and downs to provide you the best opportunity to successfully complete your chosen course.
STUDENT SERVICES PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
Call our student support today on 0800 000 361 or Email FacultyGet more information
Want more information about financial and student support? Fill out the enquiry form to the right and a study consultant will contact you with the details you need.
How will this course advance my career?
Learning Cloud programs have been developed in response to industry demand and are specifically designed to equip graduates with work-ready skills. Each participant will be trained and assessed in theory and in practical tasks and Real-world exercises are used throughout the program.
Studies prove, time and again, that college-educated workers earn more than those with only a high school qualification. College graduates often enjoy additional benefits, including greater job opportunities and promotions. Though the proof for greater earning potential exists, some might wonder whether the cost of the education warrants the overall expense in the long run.
College Graduate vs. Non-Graduate Earnings
The National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES) analyses employee earnings data biennially, according to education level. Findings indicate that workers with a qualification earn significantly more than those without. Since the mid-1980s, education has played a large part in potential wages, with bachelor's degree holders taking home an average of 66% more than those with only a high school diploma do. While college-educated workers' wages have increased over the past two decades, those with only a high school education have seen decreases in annual salaries in the same time period (nces.ed.gov).
How else will I benefit from studying with Learning Cloud?